Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Boy's Stats

With all of my appointments I kind of forgot that the boys were both probably due for appointments as well. 
JACK
Jack turned 18 months on Haken's birthday. He had to have 2 shots (which were quickly forgotten after a yummy sucker). He hasn't seemed too grouchy today due to the shots, just a little loopy from the lack of sleep lately.

He is such a funny little kid now. He communicates very well through signing. He knows about 15 signs and uses them all day. Sometimes he combines the signs with words. Some of his favorite words are "Daddy," "MA!!!" (yes he really says it like that), and "mo" (more). He has already shown us he is quite good at tantrums. He just collapses on the floor and puts his head between his knees. If we ignore it long enough he gets over it and it's like it never happened. Usually it is about coming inside the house. He loves to be outside.

He still takes 2 naps most days. Although we are starting to transition to one on the days when we are busy in the morning. He still sleeps with his binki and his blanket. He sure loves them. All I have to say is "binki, blankie" and he is on his way up the stairs to his crib (the only place they are allowed). We thought about discontinuing the binki this week because he thought it was a fun game to throw it out of his crib, but then thought otherwise when we realized how close we were to having a newborn making us loose sleep as well. 

He has 5 1/2 teeth. Sometimes I wonder if that 6th one will ever come in. It has been sitting there for a month. He can eat just about anything even without teeth, although he doesn't always care for what I put on his tray. His favorite foods lately have been peas, cinnamon toast, and grapes but he is always going through phases.

Favorite toys are any big trucks, trailers, or big cars. He loves to wear the fireman hat and is still obsessed with shoes (putting them on other people as well as himself).

He is a little guy sitting at 21 lbs (2%) and 30.5 in (7%). He head circumference was 19.5 in (95%) although he was shaking his head so bad I'm not sure how accurate the measurement was. I think his stats fit his feisty, fun, little personality. We love our Jack-Jack!




HAKEN
Haken actually had his wellness check 2 or 3 months ago when we went to get his shots for Kindergarten (which was a traumatic experience to say the least, he cried all the way to the Dr. office). It turned out not to be as bad as he thought and he is all ready for kindergarten now.

Haken is my little helper. He does so much to help me around the house, even without me asking. His new thing lately has been surprising me by making my bed (which is not easy with it being a king, especially for a 5 yr old). He loves to please people and tries hard to make sure everyday is a "good boy day" as he calls it. Sometimes he has "mistake days," but we try not to think about those. He loves to help with Jack and especially likes to hold his hand when we go places.

He loves to learn and is constantly asking me questions about everything. I wish I knew the answers to all of the questions he asks, I think I would be a genius! Lately he has been really into electricity, ocean animals, roofs and construction, and plants. I love his desire to learn.

His favorite things to do are coloring, doing crafts, making books about the things he learns, playing legos, and playing house with his friend Chloe. He has a great imagination and will come up with games for us to play as a family that can be quite creative. He always wants to be the one planning our activity for Family Home Evening so that we can play the game he created. 

He is such a good, sweet, little boy. One of my favorite things is cuddling up on the couch reading a book with him or watching a movie with him in my bed. He is such a cuddle bug and loves showing how much he loves us. I'm so glad we have such a good boy to be an example to his younger siblings.

Haken is just an average kid as far as stats go (always has been). He is 41.8 lbs (58%) and 43 in (50%). I look at him and still can't believe how much he has grown just in the past year. Couldn't live without our big boy Haken-Bacon!



No comments:

Post a Comment