Sunday, June 17, 2012

5 years! Where did the time go?




On June 13th Haken turned 5 years old! I can't believe that it has been 5 years since I held that first precious baby in my arms. I still remember the nurses commenting on his little dimpled chin and thinking about how cone-headed and alien he looked. It was one of the best moments of my life. He has been such a perfect little kid and I am so looking forward to seeing him grow up. He amazes me everyday with his knowledge and curiosity for everything around him. 

This is actually the 3rd time that we celebrated his birthday in the last month. He was a pretty lucky boy to have presents all throughout the month. I decided we would hit the Brigham pool with our friends for his actual birthday, mainly just for something to do. It was our first time this summer and he could go down the big slide all by himself this year. He went down it all day long which is probably why I didn't get any pictures of him. Jack LOVED the water too. Last year he wasn't much of a fan at 6 months, but this year I had to keep him from getting out too far. 


After the pool we had his favorite meal: Hawaiian Haystacks
Then he got his presents from mom and dad: A few books, new pajamas, and a lego table made just for him. He was super excited about the lego table, which I was glad about. He plays with legos everyday and has become quite the little architect. Hopefully this will keep his legos contained a bit better.



After a tired Jack went to bed we had some birthday cake with Haken. I kind of threw it together last minute after being at the pool all day. I don't think he was too disappointed because it tasted yummy.


I had to light the candles twice because he blew them out as we were singing "Happy Birthday." I guess I should have told him that you wait until after we are done singing to blow them out...


He was one happy, but tired kid on his birthday. I can't believe he is already 5 and will be going to kindergarten! I love spending my days with him and listening to his philosophy on everything. I'm so glad that he came into our family. Love you Haken Bacon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun day, probably exhausting for you! The cake looked great. Isn't it great that really the kid doesn't care that much about what the cake looks like, just that it's cake, and really I think if I never mentioned the ideas about cakes to my kids they wouldn't know the difference, haha. Moms put way to much on their plates sometimes. You look great by the way! I can't wait for your baby girl. Haken will be such a great big bro to two!! :)

    ReplyDelete