Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Half way mark and it's a....


GIRL!
Today marked 20 weeks in my pregnancy and our scheduled ultrasound. I have felt that this was a girl since pretty much the beginning of the pregnancy. It has been such a different pregnancy than my boys were. I wasn't as sick, I have been gaining weight slower and measuring smaller, and haven't really felt pregnant at all until just recently. All of those signs told me that this had to be a girl. Turns out I was right. When the tech told us it was a girl Shad said that I didn't even sound surprised. I told him I wasn't, because I knew all along! Mother's instincts I guess...


We are so excited for this little girl! She will have the best big brothers looking after her and will have her daddy wrapped around her finger (although he doesn't know it yet). She also marks the end of a long streak of boys on my side of the family. Six great-grand children, all boys, and then her. I would say she is going to be one spoiled little girl! Looks like she is right on schedule too for July 11th and weighs about 11 oz (like 3 sticks of butter). Can't wait to meet her come July....or June, if she is ready.

Her cute little Anderson profile
Tiny footprint
Waving "hello" or scratching her head, you decide...
14 Weeks
20 Weeks
Not a lot of visual change yet, although I feel like she has gotten much bigger in the last week. I feel movement all the time now and I switched out most of my clothes for maternity clothes last Monday. Got a new haircut this week too!

5 comments:

  1. You are going to be exactly opposite of us! We have two girls and a boy. I knew before I even got pregnant with Micah that he was going to be a boy, in fact I felt a really strong connection to him and that he was supposed to be a part of our family. I didn't have any premonitions with my girls, they (the girls and their pregnancies) are just as special of course, but cool that I got to experience that with at least one of my pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya, sorry got carried away, CONGRATULAIONS!! You will love having a little girl. She will be one spoiled little girl having two older brothers to dote on her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited you're having a girl! I'm so glad the pregnancy is going well. You are such a cute pregnant girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great. I love that you take pregnancy pictures like we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe your having a girl! A little bit of me is jealous. Guess we might have to have another one to try for a girl! ;) You look so cute and I love your hair cut!

    ReplyDelete