Monday, October 15, 2018

27 weeks. Third trimester!

October 11th marked the beginning of my third trimester! Honestly, I can't believe we are on the home stretch, but at the same time, I feel like we have such a long way to go. When I think about having to go 10 more weeks it seems a little daunting to me.

2 weeks ago I had a little bit of a reality check. I decided to compare how big I was with my last pregnancies with this one. I have been feeling really big and telling people that I felt like I am the same size I was when I delivered my other kids. The picture I found was from the night before I delivered Gracie and I think I was right. I actually think that I look bigger right now than I was when I delivered her. She was my smallest baby, but I still wasn't much bigger with any of my other kids. I can't imagine how big I am going to be in 9-10 weeks when I deliver. It is going to be insane.


Today I had my monthly doctor appointment and ultrasound. It was also the glucose test appointment. I haven't heard the results back yet, so I'm just praying it comes back normal as it would be pretty hard to be on a strict diet right now.

The babies looked great on the ultrasound. Both are measuring almost exactly the same with Baby A at 2lbs 10oz and Baby B at 2lbs 9oz. The ultrasound tech said that Baby A tends to typically be smaller than Baby B, so I guess that is a sign they are doing really well. I honestly can't believe I already have over 5 lbs of baby in there already!

The ultrasound tech did a little 4D ultrasound for me, but we didn't get a great shot of Baby A because he is breach, his arms and legs were over his face, and his face was towards my back. Hopefully he flips around in the next couple of weeks and gets in position because if he is not head down then the doctor will be doing a C-section instead of a vaginal delivery. It all depends on which way he is positioned because Baby B can squeeze out breach since he is second. We did, however, get a good shot of Baby B's face. I think he has a "butt chin" like the rest of my kids.






My weight is sitting at 157 which means I have gained 37lbs already. This is definitely over the weight that I delivered my other babies. I think I topped out at about 150. It this rate I may actually catch up to Shad as we are only about 15lbs apart. Hopefully this is the only time in our marriage that this will be the case.  Here's hoping that nursing two really does help the weight come off quick.

I'm measuring at 32 weeks which means I am about 4-5 weeks ahead of a singleton pregnancy. This is actually kind of small for a twin pregnancy as most measure about 6-7 weeks ahead. However, the size of the babies is right on where they should be for gestational age, so I guess there is just lots of room in there still.

Overall everything is looking great! The doctor is really impressed with how well everything is going. Hopefully that will be the case for the last few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment