Monday, October 1, 2018

September in pictures

The month of September was packed with lots of stuff. We got into the swing of school and the weather was still hot like summer so we spent lots of time outside.

We went on a Sunday walk with the Noonans at Lake of the Woods and watched the sunset...





We went to a Labor Day BBQ and pool party at the Ruggieri's. Shad was pretty excited to bring out his "Rompem" and...surprise! James had a matching one. They were the talk of the party for sure. The kids had a lot of fun too.


Ruby has found a love of "coneys" and lines everything up while mommy gets ready or works around the house in the mornings.


Shad and I had the opportunity to go to the "Face to Face" with Elder Cook in Nauvoo. A handful of our YSA's were there and Jennifer Jensen was in the choir and Spencer Heslop was one of the hosts. I had to watch from the distance in a tent, but Shad was able to give some last minute help and held up a canopy to block the sun so Elder Cook could read the teleprompter.

It was such a neat experience and a great conversation with Elder Cook and two church historians. The information available to us now with church history is so great. Being right by the Nauvoo temple and the Mississippi River also made it so memorable. It was absolutely worth the 3 hour drive there and back.

The Noonan's were great and took care of our kids for us. Haken and Laney made a cooking show while making dinner. They had a lot of fun, even if it did take them 2 hours to make chicken enchiladas.





Elder Cook walking up to the broadcast location.




Gracie went to her best friend Joey's birthday party at Juniper's pizza.


My mom flew into Chicago for the bridal market so of course I had to go see her. Since she already had me registered from last year's bridal market I was able to get in easy. She brought the whole crew with her time time with Barb and two of their employees. I spent the day up there after dropping off Jennifer's stuff at her apartment in Hyde Park. I love spending time with my mom at market. I'm glad that they have it in Chicago.


Of course Grandma wouldn't come without bringing gifts for the kids...Fairy wings for the girls, mustaches and silly glasses for Jack, plastic animals for Benny, and a movie for Haken (with some of Grandpa's old European coins).


Haken thought Jack's mustaches were pretty cool I guess. I found a bunch of these pictures on my phone.


Shad arranged a midweek get away for us in Pekin. He had a teacher to visit there and a fun hotel that he likes called "The Harvester Inn" so of course took advantage of the free night stay. One of our favorite YSA's, Steph, came and stayed overnight with the kids and got them off to school so we could go.
We stopped at a BBQ restaurant in Peoria that was right along the Illinois River. It was a really great get away. We are trying to live it up before the twins get here and I am so grateful for people who are making it possible for us to do it.


Gracie, Ruby, and I had a girls night with Monica and Laney while the boys went to the priesthood camp out with the stake. We painted nails, watched Cinderella, and played games.


We had a neighborhood party in the cul-de-sac down the street. Shad made all of the smoked BBQ meat and the neighbors brought the sides. We live in such a great neighborhood. I love how many kids there are to play with. The weather couldn't have been better either.




Ate lots of snacks and played outside.


Went to the Mahomet homecoming parade and got WAY too much candy.



Jack had a field trip at the Lake of the Woods Museum and I was able to go with him.




Jack's friend Erin got baptized. He said he feels a little "left out" as he will be the last one to get baptized in his class. I'm so glad that he has good friends that he will be growing up with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment