Saturday, October 6, 2012

Summer flowers

One thing that I love about summer is the flowers in my yard. More specifically my front yard since I haven't been able to get much to survive in my hot backyard. This year Shad said that I really "nailed it." I would love to have tons of perennial flowers that come up and look beautiful every year, but I haven't had much luck in keeping them year after year. However, the annuals that I plant every year always do really well. 

Shad isn't much of a fan of the "cheap petunias" so I try to mix it up a little with the more expensive flowers. I also treat myself with my favorite begonias to put in my flower pots every year. One of the reasons why I like having my birthday in May :) This year all of my flowers got huge (thanks to a little miracle grow and lots of sun) and they still look great even though we are already into October. I just can't get myself to pull them out when they look so great, but the pumpkins we now have on our porch look a little silly next to the flowers.

Even if no one else notices my pretty flowers, they make me smile every time I pull into my driveway. I will be sad when I have to pull them up and everything gets covered in snow. It won't be too much longer...

My camera doesn't do it justice, I think I like Shad's instagram pictures better

I think next year I will try to add some more light pink and
yellow to the spread.
Note: at the beginning of the summer our front lawn had a huge patch of dirt in the middle since we decided to cover it up, fill in the low spots, and start over after our bug situation last summer. It has filled in so much better than I expected. You can not even tell it was all dirt 4 months ago and now we don't have big trenches in the middle of our yard!

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful Bonnie! I didn't know you have such a green thumb. :)

    ReplyDelete