Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Gracie is 4 months

Where has the last 4 months gone?! It feels like this little girl has been in our family forever! She is becoming such a silly little thing and definitely has her opinion on what goes on around here. She is our little princess and we love her to pieces. How could anyone not just love this little face?


Here are a few things about Gracie at 4 months.

- She had her appointment with the Dr. today. My assumptions were confirmed that she really is a tiny little girl. She weighs only 10lbs 10oz. (3%) is 22"(1%). She dipped a little bit from her curve, but he said he expects her to rebound in the next 2 months and get back on track.

- She fits perfectly into 3 month clothes and all 0-3 month. The 3-6 month shirts have very long sleeves, but she can wear some of the dresses. I put away mostly all of the newborn clothes, although she still does fit into the outfit we brought her home from the hospital in.

- Still wears size 1 diapers, although I'm thinking she might be ready for size 2 judging by all of the blowouts we have had lately. She is a poop machine!

- She is still breastfeeding and does NOT like the bottle regardless of what is in it. We will keep trying, but I don't have a lot of hope since she doesn't like binki's at all either.

- She is now ready to start cereal, although I'm not sure I'm ready to start that new phase already!

- Eats every 3 hours during the day and goes about 5 hour stretches at night most nights. She goes to bed around 9, wakes up around 2 and then I get her up at 7:30-8:00. However, there are nights (like last night) when she also eats at 4:00 am and then doesn't feel like eating much at 8:00. Kinda hoping that stops soon.

- She is always sucking on her fists and occasionally gets the thumb. Not sure if the thumb habit is going to stick or not.

- She is awake for around an hour and half and then sleeps for an hour and half until it's time to eat again.

- She started sitting in the bumbo and exersaucer  this month. She doesn't like being in there too long because her neck gets kind of tired.

- Really doesn't like her tummy much. We do "tummy time" in 5-10 minute stretches all day.

- Holds on to toys, sometimes for only a minute, but just long enough to get them to her mouth. She gets frustrated when she can't get them there.

-She is a serious talker and will talk to you for like 10 minutes straight.

- Loves daddy's "beat boxing." Even if she is grouchy he can always make her smile.

- She has started to laugh and thinks it is especially funny when I get a washcloth wet and put it on top of her in the bath. She also is very ticklish under her chin.

- She is a serious drooler and blows lots of bubbles. When I forget to put a bib on her she soaks right through her clothes and I have to change her so that she isn't drenched.

- She is a little board. She is so stiff that you can literally hold her up in the air and she will do a super hero pose...indefinitely. She is not a cuddler. AT ALL. I am pretty much the only one that gets to cuddle with her since she has to when I feed her.

- She does not like to sleep in our arms. We have to fight her until she gives up. When we are at church or elsewhere she sleeps in her car seat and at home she is in her crib. She is really good about going to sleep on her own as long as she is in one of those 2 places.

- This month I really started to get concerned about her flat head in the back. After talking to some friends I concluded that she probably has torticollis which has contributed to the flatness on her head. I have been doing exercises with her neck everyday helping to make it less stiff and build up the muscle on the side that is less dominate. I think that it has helped a lot and I am not as worried about it as I was before. The Dr. says the flatness will also be come less noticeable with time and will especially get better now that she is sitting up a big more now and not on it all of the time. Let's hope so because I'm not especially excited about the idea of a helmet for her.

- She has rubbed off a little bit of hair on the back of her head where it "bulges" a little more, but other than that she still has TONS of hair. I haven't cut it yet, but since it is about 4 inches on top I'm thinking she might need a little trim. I have been curling it but it is now out of control!

- She has discovered the cool things that her tongue can do. This week she figured out this trick. Her tongue is so long and pointy I bet she could touch her nose with it like her brother Haken.


- This is how I find her sleeping quite often... I've started taking off her bows during naps.







2 comments:

  1. She's absolutely beautiful Bon! What a little angel. I can't believe she's already 4 months old. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our little guy had torticollis. It got pretty bad because he always had to lay on his one side because of his colostomy. In fact we went to the therapist several times to help work it out. The exercises work wonders even though it looks like they are being tortured. It will be worth it. Grif comments all the time to me at church how cute she is. Just like a little doll.

    ReplyDelete