Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Our pumpkins this year. Guess which one is Shad's...
 The Friday before Halloween the businesses in Tremonton do trick or treating for the kids. We went with our friends the Norton's and Hardy's. These kids love each other and had a great time getting as much candy as they could. They also had some blowups set up for the kids. I think they enjoyed that more than collecting their candy.



Haken was a little nervous climbing up the first
time, but once he got up there he wanted to go
again and again.


I may be biased, but I think he might be the cutest
chicken there ever was!
Halloween preparations start early at our house. About a month or two before Halloween Shad starts to plan out his costume. The first year it was the Pillsbury doughboy, the next year was "Jack the pumpkin king," and last year was Sampson (from the Bible).  This year he chose Shrek and HAD to again make a paper mache mask as he did with the doughboy. I was going to go all out and make us all characters from Shrek, but lost motivation as I saw how much work and money it was going to be to make it all happen. He worked countless hours to make a mask that he only wore a few hours, but that is beside the point right? I think he is just excited to make an impression when he sees all of his friends.

The beginnings

The finished product. He even made/found the
rest of his costume to go with the mask all by
himself. 
 I have to admit that I think he did a good job and it really DID look like Shrek...but now I have a paper mache Shrek head in my basement I don't know what to do with. It may "accidentally" make it to the trash as the doughboy did a year ago. It's too soon to let this one go just yet.

The night of Halloween Shad took the boys out to a few houses in our ward and then we decided to go to our old ward's truck or treat to see some of our friends we don't get to see often. The kids got WAY more candy than they could ever eat, so of course they got to share a lot with mom and dad. Gracie just enjoyed sleeping in the stroller all night.



No comments:

Post a Comment