Saturday, November 24, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Since I'm pretty much homebound being big and pregnant we stayed around here for Thanksgiving. Honestly, I was just fine skipping Thanksgiving all together. The fact that I can't eat like I want to because of gestational diabetes and the thought of being on my feet all day made me not want to do anything. Shad said he would do the whole thing, so I agreed. He did a really great job too. Haken and Shad did all of the shopping and cooking, the only thing I did was the rolls and pie.

 It was a pretty low key Thanksgiving compared to the others that we have had in Illinois where we have hosted a bunch of people and had lots of family over. It was just going to be our little family on Thanksgiving day but the Noonan's decided to stay in Illinois instead of visit family in New York. It ended up being a really fun day. Once again I am just so grateful for their friendship. We really do have a lot to be grateful for this year and I'm glad we had a day to reflect on that.

After our late lunch we relaxed, played games and watched "It's a wonderful life."



The table looked gorgeous

Shad smoked a turkey and it turned out delicious despite the fact that it got a little bit hotter than he was expecting while he was gone playing football in the morning. Monica also made a Turkey in the crockpot and it turned out delicious as well.


He even cooked the neck and everyone tried a little bite.
Our spread.
The day before, we had pie night and made 3 pies. We also bought a pumpkin pie and Monica made an apple pie the next day. We definitely didn't have a shortage of dessert.




No comments:

Post a Comment