Organizing has never been my talent. I like things to be clean on the outside, but if it's put away out of sight in a drawer, cupboard, or closet I typically don't think about it until it starts driving me crazy when it gets too full.
I had mentioned this to my friend Susan who is a master organizer. She set up a time with 3 other friends (Monica, Charlotte, and Rachel) to come over and organize my kitchen.
It is something that has been on my list for a long time and I have done it before but never very well. I feel like it goes back to the way it was before after a week.
These ladies came at 9:00 am and didn't leave until 3:00. They pulled every single thing out of my cupboards, drawers and refrigerator, vacuumed and wiped them all out, de junked, and put everything back in places that worked efficiently. If I would have done this on my own it would have taken me a week, not to mention the fact that I probably would have kept everything and had the same problem a week later. We took an entire trunkload of stuff from my kitchen to Goodwill! So many things that I don't use and should have gotten rid of years ago. Charlotte also brought brand new tupperware to replace all of my old stuff.
When they left and it really soaked in what a gift they gave me I sat in my kitchen and just cried. So much so that when Shad walked into the house he thought that one of our children had died (granted I had just gotten off the phone with him because Haken was on the other line.)
I'm a pretty emotional pregnant woman right now but I was just so grateful for good friends who would take an entire day to focus on me and what would be a blessing for me and then just do it. I seriously have the best friends in the world. They are such a blessing and make it feel like I might just make it through having twins with their help.

No comments:
Post a Comment