I worried about the 3 1/2 year (to the day) gap between my boys when Jack was born. I wondered if they would ever play together or be interested in the same things. I wondered if Haken would walk all over his little brother and ignore him. I worried that Jack would feel left out and get bored.
Turns out I shouldn't have worried. These boys are best buds. They may have an age gap but that doesn't mean they don't get along and love each other to death. Haken appreciates Jack's silliness and cracks up daily at the funny things he does and Jack worships Haken and tries to be just like him. It really is a great combination. I very rarely have to put out fires because then generally get along, and if they don't they can usually work it out on their own. Haken is fantastic at making others happy and compromising while at the same time getting what he wants. I really couldn't ask for two better boys! I think they will only get closer as they get older and the age gap is all relative.


With the cold mornings this winter this is how the boys like to warm up... We have a heating vent that comes out of the floor in the kitchen by the back door. They like to get a blanket and snuggle up together in their jammies to get warm before we eat breakfast. It also became a popular place to eat lunch. It was Haken's idea, and of course Jack does whatever Haken does.
These pictures snuggled on the vent were taken a month apart even though it looks like they were on the same day. Those must be Haken's favorite jammies. The blanket is the one that Grandma Glenda made for Shad, it is their favorite because it is so big and they can both fit in it.
I'm going to throw this picture in because the title of this post is "Brothers." Shad has 5 brothers (and no sisters) and he is very close with all of them. That is one of the things that I really admire about his family is how tightly knit they are. I only hope my kids can be the same when they grow up. Two of Shad's brothers (Ricky and Ryan) came up from Arizona at the end of January to go to a family reunion luncheon that was held in Provo. It was a quick trip up and back but we still managed to have lots of fun with them.
I took this picture because they are all sitting on their own Ipad's playing "Tiger Woods Golf." I guess this is how they play golf when it is 20 degrees with a foot of snow outside. They always find a way to work it in when they are together. No weather can hold them back.





No comments:
Post a Comment