Thursday, January 31, 2013

A disease called "Jack"

I am falling more and more in love with this boy everyday. He melts my heart and really any other person he comes in contact with. He has such a fun loving personality that it is hard not to love him from the minute he starts talking to you. 
This month his vocabulary has just exploded. He is pretty much talking in full sentences and anyone can understand him. Most of the time the comments that I get from people are "How old is he? He talks so well!" There are not very many just barely 2-yr-olds that you can carry on a conversation with. He also doesn't look like he is 2-yrs old being the little guy that he is. I love that he can express himself well enough to tell me exactly what he is thinking. 2-yr-olds have the most funny thoughts. Most people call them the "terrible two's" but I call them the "terrific two's." I'm not saying that he is an angel all of the time, because he definitely has his fair share of blow ups and tantrums but his fun personality at this age totally makes up for any of the little "tiffs" he has. Quite often Shad and I have talked about how we wish that we could just freeze our kids at this age for just a little while longer because it is so much fun. This is why Shad has decided to paint portraits of all of our kids at this age to hang in our home. He did one of Haken at this age and now he is working on Jack's. 
Everyday he just makes me happy. It's funny how happiness rubs off onto people. It must be contageous. If that is the case, this little boy is a terrible disease that spreads to everyone he meets.



Lest you think he is happy all of the time... He had a cold and pink-eye this month. He was pretty miserable for most of it. His dramatically happy nature also applies to the other extreme making him super dramatically sad when he doesn't feel good. It's pretty much the end of the world when Jack gets sick.

 One day I hadn't heard from him in a while (which is not always a bad sign, but this time it was). I went up into my bathroom to find this:
I was surprised that he could actually get the mascara open and actually knew what to do with it. LUCKILY it wasn't waterproof, and LUCKILY it was after his pinkeye was completely gone, otherwise I would have had to be mad because it was a brand new tube of mascara. I love his little look of innocence in this picture. By the way, still digging in my makeup bag as I take this picture. Lots of fun little treasures in there.

I had to take a picture of this when I saw it. Shad had just gotten home from work and was enjoying a snack on the couch. Jack came and sat right next to him and crossed his little legs, just like daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment