Living in Utah you really never know what you are going to get when it comes to weather. Some winters we get tons of snow and others hardly any. We hadn't really had a lot of snow this year until last Sunday. This storm was quite the storm. It started snowing in the morning and by the early afternoon it was really starting to come down. We went to church anyway at 1:00 and braved the storm, however it was apparent by the end our our first meeting that we needed to go home and dig everyone out. The Bishop stood up after sacrament meeting to declare that last 2 hours of church would be canceled and I swear you could almost hear everyone give a big sigh of relief and silent cheers.
It is a good thing church was cancelled. In the hour that we were in Sacrament meeting we received 10 inches of new snow on our car. The parking lot had about 18 unplowed inches of snow in it. People were getting stuck left and right trying to get out of there. Our van actually does pretty well in the snow, so we were ok. Shad and Haken spent the rest of the afternoon shoveling our driveway and others around the neighborhood, Jack and Gracie got much needed naps, and I got to have the afternoon to myself. Turned out to not be such a bad Sunday at all.
| My snow angel |
These next pictures of Jack were taken 2 days after the first big storm. We had another one come in and this time it was my turn to shovel since it was a work day. This one wasn't quite as bad as far as snowfall is concerned, but the wind gusts were incredible. The pictures don't do it justice, but the snow dunes in my driveway were HUGE! At the tallest point it was 18 inches deep. I think shoveling those dunes was tons harder than doing a flat patch of snow. I had to take it in segments and worked on it most of the day. Our school district didn't declare a snow day (no surprise) so I decided to declare one for Haken that day anyway. It was really for selfish reasons I will admit. He was a fantastic babysitter while I cleared the driveway. I don't think he missed much (it's only Kindergarten, right?) but he told me he doesn't EVER want to do that again because he hates missing school unless he is SUPER sick. I'm glad he is passionate about school and loves it that much.
Jack was only outside for a few minutes and consumed about a whole shovel full of snow. I hope it was clean...
![]() |
| check out the snow dunes behind Jack. No way I was going anywhere that day. |







No comments:
Post a Comment