Thursday, January 12, 2012

Halfway through January

I realized today that we are almost halfway through January and I haven't posted much of anything since Christmas. I actually haven't even taken a lot of pictures. We have been busy being inside, getting things done around the house. The boys helped me out on laundry day by emptying out the baskets so they could play in them. Lately Jack finds his big brother so hilarious and Haken thinks the same about Jack. I am amazed at how well they play (most of the time) with each other, despite the age gap.



Another fun thing from the last 2 weeks has been Jack's interest in walking. He ADORES the walker he got from grandma for Christmas. I bring it out and he just giggles. We bring it to the church with us every morning. As I workout with the other ladies doing "Insanity," he also gets his workout with his walker all over the gym. He has become pretty speedy on it and has mastered turning it. His favorite place to go walking is really outside though (when the weather allows). He tries to cruise down the driveway into the street, so I really have to keep an eye on him, but the sidewalks are also fun. He screams when I bring him back inside because he loves being outside so much. I think he will really enjoy summer this year.

This week, however, he is now taking an interest into walking WITHOUT the walker! He has taken about 4 steps at a time and then lunges for me as if he can't go any further. He stands up on his own without holding on to anything too. He may be cruising by himself within the next two weeks and then the walker will be obsolete.


This winter has been so, so weird for us here in Utah as I'm sure it has for everyone else across the country. We have NO snow! We did have a little storm that came by about a week ago that dropped about an inch. Shad was thrilled to be able to use the little snowblower we bought (although it really would have melted on it's own by the afternoon). We have little sploches of snow here and there in our yard, but that is it! Jack was totally interested in the snow and probably would have played in that little patch all day. Here's to hoping he gets to experience sledding this year...and that we don't end up in a drought this summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment