So, I'm really not the greatest blogger....I am trying to be better, but then I think "who really reads this but me anyway...?" I guess if nothing else it is good just to have a record for myself. Honestly this last month has been pretty crazy with it being my month for sharing time and preschool lessons, trying to keep my house decently clean, visiting family, and working on curtains for people. I am hoping that this month will be a little less frantic, but I doubt it since Shad has decided to start finishing our bathroom downstairs.
Anyway, I thought I would write a little about our fun trip down to the Tulip festival this last week with my family. I have LOADS of pictures, so I had to share at least a few of them.
My brother and his wife were moving from Spokane to Tuscan this week and stopped along the way to spend some time with us. They stayed the night at our house on Tuesday and then we had a fun day all together at the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. After having a great afternoon there, we headed down to Salem for a farewell dinner at the Diamond Grill for Brandon and Megan. It was a long, but fun day. I'm sad that Brandon and Megan will be far away for a while, but glad that they will be living somewhere we can visit easily with lots of family already living there.
Side note: We saw President Uchtdorf from a distance while we were at the tulip festival. He was in the gift shop while we were buying our tickets. I wanted to take Haken to go over and meet him, but then I thought that he probably gets so annoyed with people bugging him everywhere he goes. I was excited because he is one of the only general authorities that Haken actually recognizes and he got to see him.
Gorgeous flowers. I wish my yard looked like this!
The boys at the beginning of the walk. We couldn't keep up!
They were obsessed with their maps and figuring out where we were. This is Taylor explaining it very seriously to Haken. (I love this picture....describes them perfectly)
Grandma explaining the map to Haken
Taylor showing me the "fishy food"
The tons of FISH that we fed!
Stopping to smell the tulips
Playing hide and go seek with Megan and Taylor
The only picture I got of Jack...he was asleep most of the time in the stroller. Thank heavens!
I think this is Shad's favorite picture. It looks like Haken is taking a leak...
Isn't this the cutest picture? We will seriously miss B and Megan. They are the bestest Aunt and Uncle. They are the only ones with enough energy for our boys!
All of the kids huddled around a little phone, playing games while we waited for our food at the restaurant. Who needs crayons...when you have a phone to play on!
Next time they see Jack he will probably be cruising around, so I had to take a picture so we could remember how small he really was when they left.

You better keep up with your blog. I live for reading blogs. They keep me going! I love all your pictures. Looked like a beautiful day!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog too!
ReplyDelete