Friday, May 20, 2011

Pizza Night Update

Some of you may be wondering, "how is Friday night pizza night going?". Well let me tell you... we have come a long way since those first pizza nights. We have had a few friends come over and tried a few new pizzas. Here are some of our latest creations and recipes for those who want them:


A mayonnaise based sauce topped with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, and kalamata olives (we left these off since I couldn't find them in the grocery store and added mushrooms instead). I was actually wasn't a fan of this one. It was too strong of a mayonnaise taste for me. I ate the pepperoni and olive pizza this week. We probably won't be making it again.



This one is basically just a variation of the BLT pizza we made the first week. It has chicken and avocado added to it. I have to say it is a nice touch. This is one of my favorites to make, but Shad doesn't like it as well because it doesn't keep for leftover the next day. I guess I will just have to eat the whole thing by myself so that there are no leftovers!


A spicy peanut based sauce topped with chicken, mozzarella cheese, carrots, bean sprouts, peanuts (we left off), cilantro, and green onions. This one was a bit of a surprise. It sounded super weird, but was actually really good. It got better the more you ate it.




So I saved our most favorite pizza lately for last. It is a Caribbean Jerk sauce topped with cheese, chicken, roasted red and yellow peppers, green onions, yellow onions, and bacon. We cheated a little and bought a bottled Caribbean sauce we found in the salad dressing isle (not a bad choice if you ask me). It was sooooo yummy. Shad now requests this one every week. Plus, it gave me a chance to learn to roast peppers. The peppers really MAKE this pizza.

More recipes to come, if we can think of any more.....




No comments:

Post a Comment