Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4 Month old miracle



Today Jack is 4 months old. I am amazed that a year ago we found out that we were pregnant with him. Time has gone by so fast. Just a year ago I decided to reevaluate my life and find out really who I was besides "a mommy." After 2 miscarriages and not getting pregnant after years of trying I realized that I couldn't let my life revolve around expanding my family, but instead I should focus on what I had in my life right now, who I wanted to become, and expanding my talents. This led to a few new things in my life such as experimental food night (which has helped me to broaden my horizons for food), date night (which, admittedly, we have not been that great at lately), and my little side business of home decorating for myself and other people. If you would have told me a year ago that I would have a 4 month old, I don't think I would have believed you. Just when I felt content in my life and had lots of extra things to do, I got pregnant with Jack. Isn't that always the way things go? When I told the Lord that I was a little bored with my life, I think he really listened by giving me more than enough to do. Hopefully, in my time waiting for Jack I learned some important things that helped me to become a better person, woman, mother, and wife.
Anyway....this post was supposed to be about Jack being 4 months old. But, I couldn't help thinking about what I was feeling just a year ago. Here are some things about Jack at 4 months old that I want to remember:

- He loves to laugh. Is especially ticklish around his neck.
- He is a genuinely happy baby
- Loves it when he is staring at you and you catch him.
- Has beautiful "smiley eyes"
- Loves baths
- Blows lots of bubbles with his mouth
- Is becoming quite the droll monster
- Can't keep his hands out of his mouth
- Starting to hold on to toys for a few minutes
- Still not a great napper, but getting over the 45 minute wake up (hopefully)
- Rolled over 3 weeks ago from tummy to back. (still working on the other way)
- Starting to prefer his thumb a bit
- I can't help but make a mowhawk every time I do his hair. It has become his trademark for me (or maybe it is because I love having a baby whose hair I can style)
- Can almost stick his whole fist in his mouth (we Anderson's have big mouths)
- He has eyelashes that any girl would die for
- Has the most pretty face a little baby boy can have, even if I am biased.
- Has been the most wonderful addition to the family

Love you baby Jack Jack!




Starting to like the "bumbo" a bit. Now that he wants to sit up more.





Trying to get Jack to roll over. I guess he got a little stage fright in front of the camera. We got some nice drool action though.

1 comment: