
So I'm not a real big book reader lately. Shad makes fun of me because I usually can't read anything but novels because anything else puts me to sleep. However, my mom gave me this book ("A mother's book of Secrets") when Jack was blessed at the beginning of February. It's only a 150 page book and about 50 of those are pictures, but it took me an entire month to read those 100 pages. I loved reading it, I just only got to do it when I was sitting down feeding Jack and didn't have Haken talking to me.
Anyway...it has changed my perspective on being a mom. Every chapter that I read I felt a need to do a little better in the area that was talked about. It gave me great ideas that I would like to implement with my family now and in the future. I even found myself taking notes while I was reading, just so I could look back and remember them all. I think it was a great book for me to read at this time because it is easy for me to loose perspective when I am dealing with a newborn who isn't doing everything exactly as I want him to. I learned that I need to just focus on living in the moment, instead of thinking "when will I be out of this trench?" I found myself enjoying my children more, hugging them a little tighter, and holding them a little longer than before. If anyone has not read it and would like to, you are more than welcome to borrow mine...as long as you return it, because I will be reading it over and over again just for a little "pick me up" when I need it.

I felt like this is one of the best books for moms to read everywhere. It has such insight and great ideas. I had borrowed it from a friend to read, and I have wanted to buy it for awhile now. I wish I had written down everything! Good book!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed that book, too! After buying it as a gift for my sister, I couldn't put it down and was just going to take some notes and make some copies, but ended up having to buy it. It has definitely helped me keep perspective as a mother. Love your blog!
ReplyDelete