Friday, February 11, 2011

This month's projects


Looking back now, I think I was a little bit ambitious to get all of this stuff done in the last month with a newborn...but I really wanted it done for when all of our family came into town for Jack's blessing.
Over Christmas break Shad built me a toy bench to go in my family room. Click here to see all of the work that went into it. After he finished that, it was my turn to put the finishing touches on it. I covered foam cushions and made pillows to make the bench more comfortable. It was a great addition to the party, allowing lots of extra seating and storage for all of the toys the kids were playing with. I also made a roman shade for the window in the family room. I have ended up doing shades throughout most of the rooms in my house because our blinds are really crappy and don't block out hardly any light. Now we can watch a movie in the middle of the day without a huge reflection on the t.v.
My other big project was Jack's blessing outfit. This HAD to be finished before Jack's blessing, so I did this first. I was going to buy him a blessing outfit, but thought I would save money and make him one myself. Ha ha ha, if anyone knows how expensive fabric has become you will know that I only ended up saving $15 and still had to make it myself. I could have made it cheaper, but decided to line the entire thing making it nicer and warmer. However, I guess the sentimental value is priceless. I would have just used Haken's blessing outfit that my mom made, but it was short sleeved with shorts. Not very conducive to the freezing temperatures lately. In the end though, I'm glad that they each have an outfit that they can keep and use for their own children one day.
I think our next big project will be finishing our bedroom and bathroom downstairs. That is one that I am both excited about and dreading at the same time.








Back


Front


With Jacket

3 comments:

  1. Those all look so great! I love the shades, I might need to make me some of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the toy bench!! You are so ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bonnie, you are SO talented. It all turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete