Monday, February 21, 2011

RSV

There has been a bit of a lull in my blog writing lately because I have been preoccupied in taking care of sickness at our house. Changing the sheets, and then changing the sheets again, to prevent reexposing ourselves to our own germs. Four days after everyone left our house from Jack's blessing, Haken came down with a cold. I swear he had this exact same cold only a month before. It had a terrible runny nose and hacking cough that wouldn't stop. Luckily his only lasted a few days, unluckily he got Jack and I both sick. I handled it well since I just overdosed on airbourne everyday but Jack ended up with RSV. I was a little worried at first, but after seeing the doctor I felt better knowing that he was actually doing quite well through it all. He never really had a hard time breathing, which is what they watch for with babies this small. I could just tell that he was super uncomfortable all the time. It made me sad to listen to his little cough and his wheezing. He also had a double ear infection, so we just finished the antibiotic for that today (Yeah!). He was not too fond of the thick pink stuff that made him cough and throw up (neither was mommy). Anyway...I am here to say that we got through it and from now on I want to have summer babies, if I can help it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you all are feeling better now! It's so hard to have sick kids AND a sick mom!

    ReplyDelete