This morning Haken informed me that he was going to call me "mom" now instead of "mommy." I don't know where he got this idea. I guess he feels like he is too old to call me "mommy" since he is a big brother now. All morning he kept saying "mommy" and then correcting himself and saying "mom" instead. It makes me a little sad that he wants to grow up so fast. When I came home from the hospital with little Jack it seemed like Haken grew up overnight. Not only did he look huge to me compared to Jack, but he acted so much older. I feel like it was just last week that I brought him home from the hospital. Next thing you know I will be sending him off on a mission! Time goes way too fast when you have kids.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
"Mom"
This morning Haken informed me that he was going to call me "mom" now instead of "mommy." I don't know where he got this idea. I guess he feels like he is too old to call me "mommy" since he is a big brother now. All morning he kept saying "mommy" and then correcting himself and saying "mom" instead. It makes me a little sad that he wants to grow up so fast. When I came home from the hospital with little Jack it seemed like Haken grew up overnight. Not only did he look huge to me compared to Jack, but he acted so much older. I feel like it was just last week that I brought him home from the hospital. Next thing you know I will be sending him off on a mission! Time goes way too fast when you have kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It has always amazed me each time I come home from the hospital and the other child seems SO much older. I remember changing Hayden and Tripp's diapers with a newborn and thinking wow, the baby is SO small!!! They really do act older too, and it makes you start to treat them a little differently too. I felt like I baby'd Hayden a lot, and when I had Tripp I realized it. Life is great with kids though that's for sure. Haken is such a cutie. Having a sibling is such a big deal for a child!
ReplyDelete