Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas this year was extra special with a newborn. We really didn't need any presents because we got exactly what we wanted 2 weeks early. I don't know if Haken felt the same way as we did. Both of the boys didn't get up until about 8:00 AM. I was up feeding Jack when I heard Haken go downstairs. I found him in the living room quietly reading one of his new books. He didn't even come in and wake us up! It was fun to see him genuinely excited about all of his presents this year. I think this is the first year where he really understood what was going on and was excited about every little detail. Since we were a little tied down this year with a newborn, my family made their way up to our house for Christmas day. Haken loved playing with his cousin Taylor and of course grandma. We also were able to Skype Shad's family on Christmas morning. It was a little crazy with 6 people talking at once, but I really just think it was fun to see everyone's faces.
One of the biggest gifts of the day was my new kitchenaid mixer from Shad. He told me earlier in the week that he really scored this year. I guess he thinks of it as a contest to see who can get the coolest gift. We had set a $50 limit for each of us, but I could tell that he was going to do something sneaky judging by the huge box underneath the tree. I was good and stuck to the budget giving him clothes, but he worked out a trade for a painting so that he could get me the mixer that I have wanted since we got married 5 years ago. I have really gotten used to mixing everything by hand that when it came to making things on Christmas day I had to remind myself that I didn't have to do that anymore. I am so happy to have a husband who is willing to sacrifice his hard earned "play money" to give me what I have wanted for so long.






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a nice Christmas! I'm glad that you are blogging. It will be nice to have one more way to stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete