Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jack Michael Anderson



On December 13th at 1:26 PM we welcomed our second son, Jack, into our family. He came in weighing 7 lbs 15 oz. I knew he was going to be big but I was not expecting an oz. short of 8 lbs. I'm glad he came early so he wasn't a 9 lb baby instead. He was born on Haken's half birthday making them exactly 3 1/2 years apart. He was named after his Great grandpa John (Jack) Leon Baumgarten on Shad's side and great-great grandpa John (Jack) Carl Evans on my side. His middle name (Michael) is Shad's middle name as well as my dad and brother Brandon. He is a well rounded little boy with a piece of both sides of the family. He looks a lot like Haken did, just with dark hair (Haken had just a little blonde peach fuzz). I was excited to see that I really can make a baby with hair.
I started what I think was labor sometime around midnight and ended up driving myself to the Bear River hospital around 5:00 AM. Shad stayed with Haken and I really expected them to send me home, but they kept me since I was almost dilated to a 4 already. My parents made their way up to take care of Haken for the day. My dad took him back to our house to play and my mom stayed to be the photographer at the birth. I'm so grateful to have parents who are so close and can drop everything when we need them. The actual labor was so much easier and less painful than it was with Haken. The hardest part was the pushing phase, but mostly because I couldn't feel a thing with my epidural! Everyone in the room was staring at me waiting for me to push and I honestly had no desire, especially since I knew it would hurt with all the pressure. After an hour of pushing he was here. I think next time I will make it a requirement for Shad to stand next to me and coach me through the pushing like he did with Haken. We went home 24 hours after he was born and I feel great! It is so nice to be able to bend over and sleep on my tummy again.
Jack has been such a joy to have in our home already. It is amazing how much a newborn can change the dynamic and spirit in your home. Haken loves his new little brother and is constantly trying to help with everything. He has been very careful and such a good big brother. We are adjusting to no sleep...slowly. It will take some time to get used to the middle of the night feedings. He has been a very good baby so far although we are still learning what he likes as far as sleeping positions, binkis, and how long for him to stay awake between feedings. I'm just glad that he is a super fast eater so that I can give Haken the attention that he needs. He was the best Christmas present we could ever ask for. (The tax write off this year will be a nice bonus too!)


Proud daddy of two sons!


Our First family photo


Meeting Jack for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment