Thursday, June 25, 2009
Anderson Summer Update
Here is my second attempt at making a family blog and actually keeping up with it. We aren't all that interesting but at least this will help us to keep in touch with those that we don't see all that often. As for an update on our lives right now: Shad is done with teaching teenagers for the summer, at least in the classroom. This summer he is focusing on seminary council, which he will be in charge of this year, finishing his masters, and going on scouting outings. Of course, he tries to find time for Haken and I in between all of that. I am at home with Haken every day and trying to find more things to get us out of the house. I find myself bored if we don't get out of the house and do at least something every day, even if it is just to the grocery store. I find that Haken needs it too; he is definitely an outside boy. I am trying to do one big thing with him once a week this whole summer. By the end we might run out of ideas, but until then, I am living up only having one child and the opportunity to go places. We continue to wait for the next pregnancy. It has been a long year, but we are hoping it will be our turn soon. Haken probably needs a new addition more than anyone. He just turned two and has recently learned the words "mine" and "I-self" (myself). He needs a sibling to give him a better perspective of what life is really like. We also continue to wait on sod for our backyard. We thought for sure we would have it by now, and we could have, but I wasn't willing to pay the price a month ago. Now I'm thinking it might have been worth the extra $100 not to have to clean my floors every other day with the dirt brought in by my two children. We are crossing our fingers it will be this weekend, but I won't believe it until I actually see it. Life is good, although I feel like it is flying by. I can't believe we have almost been married 4 years and have a 2-year-old. Where does the time go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment