Every year JDRF does a 3 mile walk to raise funds for type 1 diabetes research. We haven't even been through a year of diabetes with Jack and I am already hoping for a cure everyday. I am so happy for all of the technology that is out there but honestly it gets really old day after day trying to manage it all. My hat goes off to people who have dealt with this for years on end or virtually their whole life. After 9 months I am so ready to be done and pray for a cure.
This is why I felt that we needed to do our part this year and participate in the fundraising for JDRF by participating in the walk. I was amazed at the response from our friends and family. So many donated and we ended up doubling our goal of $200. I honestly didn't know what to expect when I made our goal. I hate asking people for money, especially when I already feel like they give so much. Our family and friends were so generous and didn't even think twice about it. It's really hard to resist a donation in behalf of cute little Jack.
We also had my parents, one of my friends, and my brother and sister-in-law and their boys come up for the the actual walk in Logan. It was so fun to have their support there for our little super Jack-Jack. I think Jack loved the attention and had a really great day.
We are excited for the walk next year and already have an action plan to raise even more money. The future looks bright for diabetes research and I can't wait until Jack will reap the benefits of the generosity of our friends and family through JDRF research.
![]() |
| All of the T1D's at the walk posing for a picture |
![]() |
| This lady was so sweet. Jack was looking uncomfortable so she offered to have him hold her hand. |
![]() |
| Helping cut the starting line. Jack really liked the big scissors. ![]() |
![]() |
| Super Jack |
| TEAM JACK-JACK |











No comments:
Post a Comment