On the 3rd I had my 16 week Dr. appointment. Everything looks good and we have a good strong heartbeat. These kids were so good. They really have become best friends since Haken has gone to school. I often find them outside playing with each other without any other kids around. Makes my heart happy to see Jack taking care of his little sister.
Gracie has become a little diva and figured out how to dress/undress herself. It can really be a problem some days. Especially when all she wants to wear is her swimming suit.
Jack started a little joyschool with two other little boys. I taught the first week and we learned about bugs. The next week he went on a caterpillar hunt and unfortunately didn't find any caterpillars but had a great time playing in the mud afterwards. I wish I would have gotten a picture, he was covered in mud from head to toe. They have so much fun together on Tuesdays and we are excited for all of the new things he will learn.
![]() |
| Having a ladybug snack made out of apples and raisins. |
We have the best neighborhood and I am sad at the thought of winter coming. These spontaneous play groups happen everyday but this one was especially fun because we had all of these kiddos out playing nice with each other for a solid hour. Of course Haken was the organizer and the "boss" of the whole group. I love these kids.
We planted some trees to add variety and give us some privacy. We ripped out the grass and created a flowerbed around the rock that was already there (thank heavens we don't have to mow around it anymore). We ended up bringing in 4 yards of dirt to build up the flowerbed. It was quite the job and we were very grateful to neighbors who have trucks they don't mind us borrowing. Can't wait until these trees grow up. We decided not to do the fruit trees we had planned. I was a little disappointed but I didn't want to have to worry about the deer as we already have a big deer problem with our other plants.
Gracie grew up and also had her first haircut by daddy (apparently it was a big month for her because most of the pictures are of her.) She is really growing up before my eyes and I just can't help but capture her while she is still my baby.
We realized about a week ago that we had a mouse living in our garage. Shad opened up the garage door and saw it run across. Apparently it has been living off of the crumbs in our recycling. After a few days of opening up the door and being scared to death I made it to the store to get some sticky traps. It really was the last straw when I started to spot tons of droppings on the stairs that my kids use everyday. Within 4 hours that mouse took the bait. Being the manly man my husband is he disposed of the cute little thing by drowning it in a bucket of water, bagging it up, and throwing it in the trashcan. It was pretty hard to watch. Kinda felt bad for the cute little thing but victorious at the same time. Hope we don't have to deal with that ever again.
![]() |
| Sporting her new do. |
| Looking so grown up before church |
And last but not least, here is my fat picture at 18 weeks today. I seriously can't wait to get past this awkward fat stage. Maternity clothes are too big and my normal clothes don't fit. I think I might have felt the baby the other day, but it is hard to tell since I don't sit down long enough to know for sure.

















No comments:
Post a Comment