Friday, August 10, 2012

Our July in pictures

If I had a post for every time I thought about updating my blog this last month, I would have a LOT of posts for the month of July.

Life with three kids is different, fun, and crazy all at the same time. I told Shad that I don't think I will ever feel like I am ahead again. I swear I am always behind and there are always things that need to be done. Gone are the days (for a while anyway) where I can just sit and read or work on my own projects. It is just enough to keep up with feedings, diaper changes, and kids running all over the place. Those rare moments when everyone is napping and the house is quiet I have taken naps instead of catching up on other things. So, although my body wakes up more rested, the mess is still there. Somehow I had hoped that when I woke up it would all be put back in its place.
* However, one day I did wake up to a clean house thanks to Haken who cleaned while I was asleep. Love that kid!

After saying all of that. I have to say that I LOVE being a mommy of these three kiddos!



I realize that I will not always be behind and things will get easier. I actually think I am getting pretty good at ignoring the things that aren't so important and focusing on the most important thing at that moment. I haven't been nearly as stressed about keeping a schedule and making sure Gracie is doing exactly what I want her to do at that moment. Luckily she is an easy baby and does what I want her to do most of the time.

So, instead of going back in time and making a separate post for everything we have done this month I'm going to give you a little snapshot and hope to do better this next month. I think afternoons when Haken is at kindergarten and the babies are sleeping will need to be my designated blogging time...or napping time, whichever is most needed at the time.

Here is our July:

Our family came and spent the 4th at our house. Gracie met Grandma and Grandpa G.G.




Jack played outside a LOT, despite the 100 degree weather.


Shad built a sandbox. The boys already love it, as do the neighborhood cats 
(we now have a cover in place by necessity..grrr).




The kids and I went to Willard Bay with some friends on a very hot 103 degree day.


Gracie's cord fell off and she had her first real bath. She slept through most of it.


My cousin came home from his mission so we visited family down south. My brother and sis-in-law also came into town and met their new niece. Gracie went to church for the first time. Isn't she pretty?!




Shad got an iphone (the biggest event of the month for him) and took lots of pictures.


Shad took Haken to an Ogden Raptors baseball game.


We went on our annual Alturas Lake trip with our friends. 
We stopped at the lava tube caves on the way up and attended church in Stanley, ID on Sunday














Gracie turned one month old!


Shad finally sold the scooter!


We went to the ward ice cream social






Popsicles


1 comment:

  1. I told Scott three threw me for a loop forever. I still don't catch up but I've gotten to a point where you really do let a lot go. You're doing great! You're kids are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete