This week the flu bug definitely found our family. About 3 weeks ago Haken had a fight with the flu that went off and on for about a week and I thought we all got lucky and didn't catch it.
I guess we were wrong because on Sunday during choir practice Jack lost it all and we had to quickly head home (luckily I was able to catch it all in the blanket). I felt so bad for him. At this age he really didn't know what was going on and tried to re-swallow everything instead of just letting it out. He pushed the bowl away whenever I tried to catch anything. All he wanted to do was cuddle with his binki and blanket on mommy or daddy (which is now becoming a difficult habit to break). I have to admit that I did like that part since he is not usually a very cuddly baby and all I wanted to do on Sunday was lay around anyway. Monday he acted pretty normal, ate, and kept everything down, then that night was a rough one full of pajama and sheet changes. This is exactly how Haken's flu was. He was fine one day and then the next day it was like it was back again!
So, yesterday (Tuesday) I got this fun little flu, probably from all of the cuddling I did with Jack on Sunday. I only threw up once, but that was enough for me. I hate throwing up. I will hold it in as long as possible. I don't usually get that sick during my pregnancies so it had been about 4 years since I had really thrown up. After coming out of the bathroom yesterday I looked at my boys and immediately called Shad to come home. Jack had been a grouch and Haken had preschool to get to that day so I knew I couldn't do it. I spent pretty much the entire day in bed, watching movies, reading books, and trying to sleep, unsuccessfully. Shad enjoyed a great day off with the boys being the mom and running the carpool. However, he is starting to feel a bit off tonight so we will see if he gets another day off this week.
It's amazing what 12 hours of sleep can do for you! I feel 100% today which is great since I couldn't possibly take another day off from being mommy. I'm also glad that the weather is starting to get such that I can open up all my windows and get this nasty bug out of our house. I can't wait until my little Jack is back to his old self again, he has been such a little whiner and it is driving me crazy! Especially since this bug has really made him adverse to pretty much ALL food. I hope it doesn't pop again as this flu has done already a few times. I guess I need to sanitize my entire house tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment