When it comes to Halloween we tend to be a pretty random family. Usually my kid's costumes are determined by what was on clearance after Halloween the year before, I wear whatever I have laying around, and Shad makes an elaborate costume in hopes of big reactions from all his friends. This year was pretty close to that. The only difference was that I had to help Shad with his costume and make a costume to match because we went to an adult costume party and he wanted to win the best costume prize.
Shad and I were Sampson and Delilah (Shad's idea), Haken was a tiger, and Jack was a bee.
The festivities actually started on the Thursday before Halloween. Haken was able to dress up for preschool that day and then at the end I met his class at the corn maze in Elwood and we found our way through together. Sadly I didn't get pictures of his class together in their costumes. I hope that his teacher did and gives us a copy.
 |
| Can't you just tell that Haken is thrilled to be standing by this scary man? |
Next was Friday night. We went to a couples costume party at our friend's the Hardy's. We had quite the variety of costumes there. Here are pictures of the couples.
 |
| Sampson and Delilah |
 |
| The Hardy's who threw the party (I think Caleb just had the party so he could show some skin..) |
 |
The Hardy's actually won for best costume when we voted, but since it was their house they took the next best.
The border patrol won. |
 |
| This was my vote. I thought it was very cleaver. I definitely won't have thought of that myself...nor would Shad have worn it. |
Most of the festivities were on the actual Halloween day. Our ward didn't do a trunk-or-treat this year due to stake conference and Halloween being on a Monday so Shad took Haken around to some houses to do some "real" trick-or-treating. I don't think he will ask daddy to take him again because he went to all of his friends houses and talked to each one for 10 minutes. Needless to say, Haken didn't get as much candy as he would have liked.
 |
| Getting ready to become a tiger. Haken held so still. He was so excited to get his face painted. |
 |
This is when I am really glad that I have a husband who is an artist. Sure makes it easier on me!
|
 |
| The finished product. Amazing. |
 |
| Showing off his Tiger growl |
 |
| Lovin' that leaf |
 |
| His little stinger was my favorite part. It waddled back and forth when he crawled. So cute! |
 |
| We also caught the end of 8th ward trunk-or-treat so we could have someone take our picture and so that Shad could show off his costume of course! |
No comments:
Post a Comment