Back in August we went on a family vacation to North Carolina. Some of you may remember this post describing in detail all of the things that we lost on our vacation and then found....everything except for our video camera.
Well.....after 2 months of sleepless nights and thinking over and over again about how I should have grabbed the camera on our way out the plane...our video camera has been found once again! This camera is one lucky camera to have been found twice in connection with this vacation. The first time we lost it in a crowded bathroom at Wilmington beach and then again on our flight home.
Seriously every night I would lay awake thinking about this camera and wondering if there was anything more that I could do to find it. I thought surely if someone took it they would see the two years worth of video of my children and have the heart to turn it in. After filing a report there was nothing else I could do but sit and wait to see if someone found it. On a crazy whim one day, after two months of no news, I decided to call the Southwest baggage claim in Dallas and give them a bit more information on the camera. I talked to a sweet lady who read the report back to me that I had given (or supposedly given). Turns out that they had the report in their computer as a BLACK camera when clearly my camera is RED! They had it sitting in their warehouse the whole time! So, they went through the process of making sure it really was mine and then FEDEX'ed it to my house. MIRACLE! I'm glad the spirit was working on me through the whole two months to get me to call them again. Kinda wished it wouldn't have taken me that long to finally listen!
Needless to say all of the video will be transferred to our computer and onto DVD's ASAP and our name and phone number will be engraved into this camera. I'm not taking any chances next time.

That is so neat BON!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! Wow... I am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete