Yesterday was the primary program in our ward. It was Haken's very first primary program. The night before he was coughing like crazy, coming down with a bit of a cold...again. I was a little worried as he was coughing the whole morning nonstop before church, however, after a bit of medicine and a lot of praying, he got through the program without too much coughing. I considered having him stay home, but I couldn't bare the thought of him missing his first program after he had worked so hard at memorizing his part the last two weeks. He said his part absolutely perfect without any help. I was so proud of him! His part was:
"My favorite person in the scriptures is Nephi because he obeyed and built a ship. He teaches me that I should obey too."
He got to write his own part about his favorite person and picked Nephi. He did so great and didn't seem too nervous. Maybe after standing up in front of everyone on Sunday he will now be brave enough to go and bare his testimony. He has been talking about it for probably a year or so and we have told him he had to go up on his own. We will see how brave he gets in the next few months. He isn't too much into singing in front of people anymore, but he sure does love to talk (just like his daddy!) He is such a good little boy and surprises me everyday. Love you Haken!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment