We are only half way into September and already I feel like so much has happened. I really do love this time of year, even if it does get a bit more crazy with school starting and Shad getting back into his regular routine.
This year was especially fun because Haken started school as well! I wasn't expecting him to start until after Labor day as most preschools do around here, but then I looked at the letter from his teacher when we got home from our trip and realized that he started on the 1st of September. I was not really prepared after just getting home from our month long vacation! He goes in the afternoon on Tuesdays and Thursday's from 12:30-2:30. I wasn't excited about having to go in the afternoon because Haken still takes naps, but that was all that was left when I called. Needless to say he has been a little bit on the grouchy side the last few weeks, but we have adjusted. Some days he says he doesn't want to go and I feel like I am dragging him, but then he always has so much fun.
After the first day of school with the apple necklace he made. He wore it everywhere for a week or so. I think he likes that he got to use his VERY OWN scissors to cut it out.
I think Jack actually misses Haken while he is gone. It is so quiet at our house in the afternoon!
2 weeks ago we decided to go on a family bike ride. Jack is finally big enough to sit in the bike trailer we inherited from our neighbors a few year ago. However, it will be the last time we will use it because I have deemed it unsafe after having the fabric tear terribly after tightening the the shoulder straps to fit Jack. It worked for the bike ride that day but we will be looking for a new one for next year. Jack had a great time after we took his helmet off. I guess it was a bit heavy for his little neck. But he looked so stinkin' cute!
Doesn't he look like a little mushroom?!
The boys and I made a few trips into Brigham City to run errands. Of course we stopped at the park and had a little picnic. We need to live up this weather while we can!
Last Saturday we went to the Peach Days parade and fair in Brigham City. My mom and sister came up to enjoy the parade with us. Afterwards we met up with Cam and Lisa so Haken and Taylor could ride a few rides together. Haken has come a long way in the rides department this year. He wanted to go on all of the big rides instead of the kid ones. He loved the Dragon roller coaster a lot.
Eating our expensive (but yummy) fair food for lunch
Jack hung out in the stroller basically all day. He was a trooper!
Haken on his "date" with some random girl on the train. Somehow Haken and Taylor got split up into a double date riding the train together.
Waiting in line to ride the dragon roller coaster.
While the boys were checking out the cement truck, the driver came and opened it up so they could sit inside. Loved it!
Who needs a double stroller when you have brothers who love each other this much?!
Last Sunday Shad got to wear his new suit. He very badly needed one. We really haven't bought him a suit since we got married 6 years ago (he actually lost that one somewhere after about a year). He has been wearing his mission suits and hand-me-downs from brothers every. single. day. I also found a hand-me-down suit from Haken's cousin Jaron in the basement and couldn't believe that it actually fit him. It seemed like it was SO big when they gave it to us! I still need to hem the pants up instead of using safety pins, but it worked for the day.
Don't they look handsome?

No comments:
Post a Comment