During the first week of March Shad went up to Minneapolis for a week to get some training for work. We were going to go up with him but with the additional trips planned for March we decided he should go on his own. So he sent me a lot of selfies in restaurants, showed me what he was eating, and how dirty his car got from the storm he traveled in.
Of course Benny and I had to send him a selfie back as we sat at the church during scouts. We would have much rather been with him all week.
During the second weekend in March we went to Decatur with Shad for work. He had a meeting there and we have a yearly pass to the children's museum that we have never used so we made a day of it. I hung out with the kids while he met with priesthood leaders there.
That museum is amazing! We will be going back often with it only 45 minutes away. They had everything from water, to bubbles, to painting. I swear nothing was off limits there. The kids had a blast and never ran out of things to do.
I think this was one of their favorite things. It is a treehouse type thing that you can climb that is 3 stories high and sits in the middle of the museum. The kids loved climbing to the top.
There is something for everyone. Even Benny had a great time, although by the end he was a VERY tired boy.
Our next adventure was the following weekend at the Wisconsin Dells. Shad had a meeting up there, so we tagged along as a family. I can't believe I didn't know that places like this existed before! It is an entire town full of indoor amusement and water parks. We stayed at one called "The Wilderness." It had 3 indoor water parks as well as indoor amusement park, arcade, tree course, and outdoor water parks (that weren't open in March). We were able to get a screaming deal since we stayed on a Thursday night during the off season. We swam for two days and the kids were exhausted. The best part is that I didn't have to put an ounce of sunscreen on them! Shad had meetings on Friday so I braved it by myself with the 4 kiddos. Luckily our friends the Wheelers were also there and that was very helpful. They have 5 kids and their ages match up quite well with ours making the "buddy system" easy. Haken went on all of the rides with his friends all day, so I never even saw him to take a picture. The slides were great! I think we will have to go back every year and we will definitely rejoice when Jack hits 48" so that he can go on ALL of the big rides. He is a dare devil and wanted to go on everything, but he was too short.
This is a picture of just one side of one of the parks. They are massive and have slides everywhere!
This was Benny the first day. He was exhausted from the 4 hour drive and didn't want to have anything to do with the water when we got there.
He had a lot more fun the second day.
Especially with his big brother Jack.
I don't even know how many times Gracie went down this slide. She was on it pretty much all day long. I think she must have swallowed a gallon of water throughout the day though, because I think I took her to the bathroom about 8 times.
I didn't get any other pictures with our friends, but on Thursday night we went to their condo for dinner and played the candy bar game. It was a huge success....except for Jack's huge blow up because he didn't get the Rollos he had his heart set on. I love those little caramel bombs too buddy...
We can't wait to go back and are excited to try out some of the other hotels as well. It will be a refreshing tradition to have for the winter.
Now....on to Utah tomorrow for spring break. The adventures just never end!

No comments:
Post a Comment