Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A month of "finding"

This month we found out a few things:

We found out Jack needed glasses (and has LOVED wearing them)

We found out Haken is becoming awkward...but maybe we already knew that.

We found out our basement window comes completely out of the casing, which I guess can be convenient, unless you find it this way one morning at 5:30 am, your husband is gone, and you didn't know this was possible. I was a little freaked out at first. Apparently it wasn't locked into place properly since we moved here and is missing a latch. No wonder it was cold down there for the last few days.

I found lice nits in Gracie's hair which triggered a complete treatment of the kids and our house. Luckily we haven't seen any more signs and it has almost been 2 weeks. It is going around apparently. Lucky we caught it early.

We found a pretty cardinal dead on our back porch. Apparently my sliding glass door is cleaner than I thought.

We found out that Benny really hates climbing stairs. He won't climb them for anything. 


But he looks awfully cute sitting there at the bottom waiting for me when I come back down.

We found out that it is possible to win 4th place "best of show" at a pinewood derby, even if your car has finger prints all over it because you didn't have time to paint it before you went on vacation and so you finish it 20 minutes before the race starts.

And lastly...we found out that it is possible to have 75 degree weather in March in Illinois! The bonus was that it was on a day where Dairy Queen had FREE ice cream cones! Sorry Utah people who had to brave the snow to get your free cone....



No comments:

Post a Comment