This little boy turned two on December 13th!
Two years seems like such a short time to me. When my brothers went on their missions two years just seemed to fly by! Although our two years with Jack have flown by I feel like he has always been a part of our family. We had a pretty low key day for his birthday. He wasn't feel well and had a cold (again). He had a terrible cold over Thanksgiving and I am wondering if maybe this was just an extension of that cold. He took it in stride though and still managed to enjoy his birthday even though he felt yucky. We waited until after dinner and then Jack opened up his present from us.
He wasn't really sure about his present at first. I think he didn't really realize that it was for him. We got him a semi truck and I have to say that it was the most stupidly packaged toy in the world. It took Shad about an hour to get that dumb thing out. He even had to borrow a special screwdriver from our neighbors because he didn't have one that would fit just right. Try and get a two year old to wait that long! Once we got it out he just laid on the floor and played with it like this. You could tell that he didn't feel well.
I think we nailed it on the head with this gift though. Just look at his little face admiring all of the details.
After presents he took a bath and that made him feel much better.
Today Grandma and grandpa came and celebrated Jack's birthday with us after church. Grandma made this super cute snowman cake. The frosting set up a bit too much and turned into a hard shell but it still tasted yummy. Ignore the hole in his side, I was trying to see how hard it really was, apparently not as hard as I thought. :(
Jack's favorite gift was a little ambulance from aunt Jenni. It made LOTS of noise and it didn't leave his side for at least two straight days. Thanks aunt Jenni! He also got a much needed new car seat from Grandma and Grandpa.
![]() |
| Loving grandma's cake |
![]() |
| Gracie liked the plate more than the cake |
Happy birthday to my sweet Jack! You bring so much light into our home and I couldn't imagine our house without your funny, adorable personality. You bring happiness to everyone you meet and everyone loves you from the instant they meet you. So excited to see you grow up to a funny little boy!









No comments:
Post a Comment