I can not believe that I saw my little Jack for the first time only a year ago today.
It feels like he has been in my life forever! It is honestly hard to remember what our life was like before we had him in our family. Jack is such a genuinely happy baby. You wouldn't believe all of the comments that I get about him being happy all the time. He really is happy pretty much ALL the time.
Jack always has something sticking out of his mouth in the last week. I am hoping that maybe it is because he is FINALLY teething. He still doesn't have any teeth, although I can feel them in there somewhere. Among his favorites are a toy nail from a tool set and a duplo lego guy. He freaks out if you try to take them away. They must feel good on his gums.
One of his favorite activities is helping me out with laundry. If there is a laundry basket full of clothes on the floor, you can bet that he has climbed in there and started pulling everything out, whether they are folded already or not. He thinks it is SO funny.
Now on to the birthday festivities....


We threw a little family party for Jack the weekend before his birthday. We had it at my parent's house in Bountiful so that we would be closer to all of our family that we invited. I decided to do a frog theme. I thought it turned out pretty cute. I really could have gone overboard, but decided to try and keep it simple. We had a yummy lasagna dinner and of course cupcakes and ice cream. I couldn't have done it without my mom's help. I am also glad that so many of our family was able to be there. I could tell that Jack is very loved.
He didn't have a hard time digging into the cake, but I had to help him out when it came to eating it. Once he got some in his mouth he kept shoveling it in. However, his most favorite thing to do was take a handful and squeeze it as hard as he could in his hands.
Tonight, being his real birthday, we decided to give him a "little debbie" snack cake to celebrate. He took a gigantic first bite and after that it pretty much fell apart all over his tray. He loved squishing it in his hands once again.
So glad we have made it through the first year! It flew by, which makes me a little sad. He has developed such a little personality and I love him more and more each day.
Happy Birthday Jack-Jack!

Such a great job on the birthday!!!! Cute!!!
ReplyDelete