Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

At our house we are trying to start little family Christmas traditions. One of those has been to make gingerbread houses on the first Family Home Evening in December. Last year  Shad made a gingerbread replica of the Kirtland temple (because he was teaching the Doctrine & Covenants in seminary) while Haken and I made our traditional little cottage. This year Shad is teaching the Old Testament so as you can guess, he made a replica of the tabernacle. Haken and I stuck with the traditional cottage style. Sometimes I wish I could just buy a kit or make my own gingerbread from a pattern, but with the crazy things Shad likes to build, it is just better if we stick with graham crackers. I think we got a lot more into it last year, maybe it was because I had my burst of energy right before Jack came, or it could be because Jack was at my heels whining most of the time (he sure did eat his share of graham crackers while we were building).This year we went with simple elegance and that is just fine with me. Although, I bought a load of candy that is now sitting in my cupboard taunting me everyday!






Courtesy smile :) He gets it from his father!


Ready to attack the house right before bedtime.


1 comment:

  1. Hey friend! I just found you! I'm happy to see that our baby isn't the only one late getting teeth. She turned one in October and got her first tooth last month. It seemed like we were waiting forever! Looks like you're having tons of fun in life!

    ReplyDelete