This Christmas was pretty great with the new babies. There really is something special about having newborns during Christmas to help remind us of the Savior as a newborn.
We came home from the hospital the day before Christmas Eve. Hallelujah! I was so glad that wasn't in the hospital on Christmas. For the last three years we have spent Christmas Eve with the Bednars and the Noonans. This year I still felt like we should spend Christmas Eve with them but they had to come to our house.
We did a night in Bethlehem again and had chicken, pita bread, veggies, and fruit. We also acted out the nativity story again which was complete chaos with 18 kids. It was totally hilarious. As Jack was reading the story we had basically 3 nativity stories all acting out at the same time. It lasted all of about 5 minutes.
Poor Gracie did not feel well at all. She had a terrible cough/cold that had moved into her eyes. You can see in the pictures how awful she feels. She looked more like the angel of death than one proclaiming the Savior was born....
Ruby was one of the cutest shepherds I have ever seen...
Afterwards, the pajama fairy dropped off Christmas pajamas for everyone. However, right before this picture was taken we did have an incident that made everyone pretty grumpy, especially me.
The Noonans had given us a glass Christmas ornament of the leg lamp from a Christmas story. Benny had found the gift bag and opened it up. When Jack saw it he tried to pull it away from Benny and Benny held on. This resulted in the glass ornament being torn in half. Kind of funny if you think about the how it ended for the leg lamp in the Christmas story...
Anyway...I was pretty upset and they both felt bad. So, needless to say, those smiley faces are not quite genuine as everyone was a little bit uptight right before bed. Now I look back on it and it is a funny story but I was not happy that night. Shad is still convinced that he can fix it, so it is currently sitting in our laundry room awaiting a repair.
| Haken and Jack's Santa haul |
| Ruby's Santa gifts |
| Benny's Santa gifts |
| Gracie's Santa haul |
I didn't get many pictures of Christmas morning because I was still pretty sore and just wanted to sit there and enjoy the day. It was a great relaxing Christmas really. I didn't worry much about cleaning up (mostly because I couldn't bend over to pick stuff up) and we stayed in our PJ's all day. We didn't have anywhere to go and it was awesome.
| No gifts for these boys. They got diapers I guess :) |
| The best gifts we got were these two sweet boys! |
Jack also picked out a mermaid and princess drawing book and gel pens for Gracie. They were a total hit. I think she drew for most of the day.
Our big gift for the kids was telling them about a dinner cruise that we are going to do on a riverboat up the Mississippi sometime in the spring or summer. We decided last year after doing Lion Kind tickets that we would do an experience for the kids rather than getting lots of gifts. They loved it, so we did it again this year.
My mom actually spoiled us with most of our gifts this year. All of the presents under the tree were from her. Most notable were the Amazon Echo and dots for everyone's room. They have been so awesome to have. Now all of th kids listen to music in their rooms and we can use them as an intercom throughout the house. It was such a great gift! We really love it when Grandma Lori spoils us.

No comments:
Post a Comment