Friday, September 14, 2018

Back to School...


We had a good start this school year. I actually have felt pretty on top of things. I think a lot of this is due to the fact that we are making our lunches the night before, getting up and doing scriptures first, and laying out clothes for the next day. I also think that the kids are just overall more independent than they were last year. 
However, we didn't get first day of school pictures until the 3rd week of school. They actually started on August 17th. We had a few sicknesses which delayed the pictures and Shad has been observing classes in the morning like crazy trying to get ready for the twins to come. 
When I look at these pictures I can't believe how old they all look!



 Benny is loving preschool. His teachers are Mrs. Buckius and Mrs. Claus. He had no reservations about going again this year. He jumped right in no problem. He qualified for the early intervention preschool at Middletown so he is in the same building as Jack and Gracie. He rides the bus everyday and loves it. They pick him up right in front of our house and drop him off again. It really has been a huge blessing for me, especially looking forward to having the babies in a few months.



Gracie's teacher this year is Mrs. Wade. She decided she didn't want the same teacher so she could start all over, although she did like Mrs. Krumwiede who she had for a week. Boy am I glad that I listened to the spirit and pulled Gracie out of Kindergarten last year! I can't believe the difference from one year to the next! Last year I felt like I was dragging her out of bed half asleep. I had to physically dress her to have her ready on time. It was a struggle every morning. This year she is up, gets dressed on her own, and is ready 10 minutes before the bus even comes. She has been a little bit grouchy when she comes home, especially towards the end of the week, but I think that is to be expected from any kindergartener.

Jack is in 2nd grade this year and has Mrs. Benedict. He gets to be the first class of 2nd graders at the new Middletown Elementary. He feels like a pretty big kid as he is now the oldest in the school. I think he really likes seeing Gracie and Benny there occasionally too. The biggest adjustment this year has been trying to stay on top of homework which he hasn't had much of before. I think we will eventually get into a new habit. He has been doing great in math and spelling and really likes the kids in his class.


Haken is in 6th grade and starting Jr. High! I can't believe that we are starting that era already! I think he has really liked his new found freedoms. He rides his bike to school twice a week. Of course he can only do it on the days that he doesn't have band and has to take his French horn with him. He is super independent and is getting into some extra curricular activities like the journalism club and science olympiad. I never have to remind him of homework as he stays on top of it on his own. He has established a pretty close group of friends that love to hang out and text each other. As of now the texts just go to my phone but we are realizing that he may need a phone in the next few years although he isn't pushing for that yet.


Couldn't forget miss Ruby. She is our little sunshine and has loved hanging out with mom all day. I think she really enjoys the time that she gets to spend alone in the mornings with me. I also really enjoy only having one for a few hours. She loves getting out of the house and running errands with me. I'm trying to live it up as I know that this will be the last time that I will only have one in the house with me. She really has been a perfect little toddler and entertains herself without a problem. However, when Benny gets home from school she is pretty moody. Their relationship is such an interesting one as they either love each other or can't stand each other. They both still take great afternoon naps though, so that really has been my sanity throughout this pregnancy.




No comments:

Post a Comment