Friday, June 10, 2016

#10 Go to the pool


On June 9th we made our first venture of the summer to the public pool. The great thing about Champaign/Urbana is that there are actually quite a few pools to choose from and they are all pretty great (or so I have heard).

This time we went to Crystal Lake in Urbana because I bought a discounted punch pass which made it less than half price of what it would have cost us ($4 a person instead of $9!) Haken brought his friend Seth with him. I am so glad that we brought him because it gave Haken someone to do the "big kid" stuff with while I watched the littles in the smaller pools. I honestly didn't see them hardly at all unless they were hungry. Jack still isn't tall enough to ride the slides, although I know he would go down them if he were.

Taylor Morefield (one of the YSA from the branch) came with us. She actually had been staying at our house for the last week and a half before this. Her sister was in the hospital in St. Louis and the rest of her family was there with her, so Taylor stayed with us so she didn't have to be alone.

Jack and Gracie also had friends to play with. Our neighbors the Junge's and the Cunningham's both ended up going the same day coincidentally. It made for a really great day.

This place had everything...splash pad, water table, slides, playground, whirlpool, climbing wall...you name it. The kids had a ball. We will definitely be going back since we didn't use all of our punch pass yet. Summer just needs to slow down a bit so that we can find another free day!

Playing with friend Troy


Benny LOVED the water

Benny is SO close to walking but still refuses to take steps. He can stand up all by himself, and then just stands there. 


Haken getting dumped on with Seth
Little fishies

No comments:

Post a Comment