Thursday, April 28, 2016

Girl or ghost? It depends on who you ask.

On April 12th we had our ultrasound and found out that we are having another little LADY. I had a hunch that this one would be a girl. I haven't really been sick at all during this pregnancy and I seem to remember it being the same with Gracie.
Gracie knew all along that it was going to be a girl. I had a conversation with her in the car about a month before the ultrasound. I recorded it on my phone, but I can't get the file to download onto the blog. But the just of it was that three brothers was enough and if she didn't get a sister then she was going to the store to buy one. She called it!

Haken was at school during the ultrasound and we wanted it to be fair to him, so we sent the others to a friend's house, except for Benny, because he is pretty good at keeping a secret. We had dinner that night and told the kids we had something planned to reveal it to them after dinner. We hadn't told anyone yet. However, we did show them a couple of ultrasound pictures during dinner. I think that was a bit of a mistake. Not because it revealed the gender, but because it scared Gracie half to death. She screamed and cried after she saw this picture:


I don't really blame her. It is quite possibly the scariest ultrasound picture I have ever seen. 

When it was time for us to leave for the reveal we still could not get Gracie to calm down. She was under the impression that we were going to actually meet the baby that she had seen in that picture, right then. She still talks about the "scary monster baby picture," however she also makes a pretty cute impression of what the baby looks like with her mouth open and one squinty eye.

When we finally got her convinced to get into the car and drove to the nature preserve we were all a little exhausted. When we got there we set up two balloons and Shad popped one of them with a dart gun. The one that was left was the gender of the baby. I think the kids were pretty excited. I think Gracie was glad that a scary "ghost baby" didn't pop out of the balloon like she thought it would. This is the video I recorded of the event.


Afterwards we had a little photoshoot with the kids. It ended in tears as Jack tripped, let go of the balloon, and we watched it float away. Luckily that was on our way to the car and we were done taking pictures.



That night we celebrated with PINK popsicles before bed.


We decided a long time ago that our next baby girl would be named RUBY. So, without further adieu, here is the first of many photoshoots of baby Ruby, we can't wait to meet her for reals in a few months.


Giving us a little wave.

Most definitely a girl. She was not shy at all.







No comments:

Post a Comment